About Liz McKeon
Liz McKeon is an internationally renowned Salon Business Expert, bestselling author, speaker, business coach and trainer. After spending her early career building and successfully exiting beauty businesses, Liz has been the ‘go to’ business growth expert for over a decade, helping to transform her clients business and lives.
Liz shares these strategies for success in international trade publications throughout the hair, beauty and spa industry. She is hired by international brands and corporations to train their staff, increase revenues and ultimately show them how to make more money.
As a beauty business expert, coach, trainer and mentor, Liz has an extraordinary track record in transforming businesses and has helped 1,000’s of business owners to more to maximize their profits.
About Liz McKeon
"My passion is helping my clients in the hair, beauty and spa industry grow their business and harness the full potential of their profitability. I give my clients the tools they need to make the most of their time, their staff and to maximise profitability in all areas."
Liz McKeon - International Salon Business School Founder
LIZ'S HISTORY THROUGHOUT YEARS
Liz McKeon is a seasoned professional with over 30 years experience in the Hair, Beauty and Spa Sector. Liz has walked the talk! Prior to becoming the 'Salon Business Expert' she worked with large multi-national skincare houses, pharmacy and franchise companies before venturing into the world of business ownership. From there Liz gained enormous experience setting up, running and selling her own health club, spas, salons and skincare centre.
In 2006 Liz consolidated all of this experience into a new career as SA Business Expert. Since then she has worked with thousands of satisfied clients in Distribution, Hair & Beauty Salons, Spa, Health Clubs, Make-up and Nails in Ireland, UK and overseas.
In 2023, to facilitate the ongoing global demand from salon / clinic / spa owners, Liz's international coaching programme 'The Successful Salon Formula' was launched.
The Successful Salon Formula is made up of the 3G method™ a method where Liz will personally help salon owners to implement and turbocharge their salon by providing training on how to be a great boss, how to have a great client experience every time and how to generate great sales over a 6-month period.
Made up of a combination of weekly coaching courses and virtual training with Liz plus insight days with leading brands and in-person workshops and events.
In 2021 Liz McKeon launched 'The International Salon Business School'
• This catalogue of results driven proven industry business growth training services range from:
1. Live in-person programmes for business owners, managers and teams.
2. Virtual programmes for business owners and managers including a combination of online programmes, group mentoring and accountability with Liz.
3. Virtual pre-recorded self-paced programmes, which can be accessed anytime.
4. Training products, including best-selling industry book, '30 Days to Beauty Business Success', 10 Steps to Retail Sales and Salon Owners Troubleshooting CD Boxsets.
Launch of 'Liz McKeon Salon Business Academy', an online course that includes 3.5 hours on-demand videos and certificate of completion.
• During Covid 19 Salon Lockdown, Liz became to 'go to' media person offering advice and direction to salon owners about how to utilise this time to 'work on their business, not just in it' to ensure they re-opened with a plan to 'make more money from fewer clients' thereby protecting their salons from economic and market fluctuations.
• Developed 'Covid 19 & Beyond, Beauty Salon Business Growth Club' to assist salon owners thrive after lockdown.
• Liz received the perpetual 'All Stars Thought Leader Award in Empowering Female Entrepreneurs'.
"VIP 8 Day Salon Owners Coaching Programme" commenced to assist salon owners to truly scale up, reach full potential, improve work/life balance and increase personal income.• Liz McKeon has been contributing monthly to industry trade magazines since 2007, and is currently a regular columnist with Hairdressing Journal, Irish Beauty, Guild News ~Scratch Magazine, Professional Beauty, Salon Magazine, Salon & Spa Magazine, Irish Pharmacy, etc.
Liz McKeon joined the panel of prestigious international speakers on greatbritishspeakers.co.uk' as an industry representative and in the speaking categories of 'empowering women' and 'women in business'.
Your Best Year Yet' Business Owners Retreat was launched, with great success.This is a 7 Day event for elite business owners who demonstrate enormous commitment to business success. This annual event is hosted by Liz McKeon in a 5* resort each January, to focus on business goal setting & strategy for the year. (Applications for 2022 have just commenced).
• 'The £200 Salon Turnaround' TV Pilot was filmed. The challenge was to take a salon and double the profit in two weeks for less than £200.Outcome: profits increased x 12 times!
• With a commitment to improving industry standards, Liz McKeon is a fully trained Independent Expert Witness. Liz assists lawyers and their industry clients to both build cases and defend cases in areas such as professional practice, mergers & acquisitions, distribution agreements and insurance claims, to international legal firms and industry suppliers in Ireland, UK and USA. 2015 "30 Days to Beauty Business Success" Industry Book was published and is available on eBay, Amazon & lizmckeon.com. Also available in CD Boxset. (Books & CD's are also sold at Liz McKeon events).
In 2013, due to market demand, 'The Beauty Business Success Blueprint' on-line business development membership site was launched, followed by several mini business webinars to assist business owners to develop internal business systems & processes, required to achieve full salon potential.
• CD Boxsets were created for busy salon owners to listen to while driving to work. Titles are '10 Steps to Retail Sales' & 'Salon Owners Troubleshooting Seminar'.
• Liz McKeon Business Development Workshops were introduced to the market to facilitate demand for group learning sessions in all aspects of salon business development. Workshops continue to be available for salon teams, salon managers, front of house teams & business owners, facilitating training for all salon categories.
• Liz McKeon services then expanded to include Industry Corporates: for executives and their teams, regarding the achievement of business objectives: executive coaching & mentoring, streamlining internal company procedures, liaising with Business Development Managers with a view to improving and implementing business development strategies.
• Also for Industry Corporates Liz McKeon tailor makes seminars and distance learning programmes for their stockists, to boost sales and improve profitability. Some of the many leading companies Liz has worked with: WeIla, MAC, Sothys, Guinnot, L'Oreal, Waxperts, Gelish, Mary Cohr, Fuschia Make-Up, Image Skincare, Thalgo, Skinbase, Dibi Milano, McCauleys, Skinbrands, Medik 8.• Liz McKeon is invited regularly to speak at Trade Shows and Industry Events, in Ireland, UK and overseas, on a wide range of topics, such as Making More Money, Marketing & Sales, Customer Service, Team Building, Mindset for Success and Women in Business.
Liz McKeon Ltd was launched in 2006 to assist Business Owners to bring profitability to the Hair, Beauty & Spa Sector. Services commenced with on-site one to one business coaching, assisting salon/spa owners to fill columns, increase retail sales, improve management skills, improve customer service and maximize profitability.