Standing out from the crowd is important and it really is one of the main fundamentals of any marketing and branding strategy. Salon marketing and clever branding reinforces these messages and can create a competitive advantage of a salon.Salon clients have a lot of choice and you have a lot of competition. If you are running a salon it is important to send out a very clear message that your salon is here and you are great at what you do!
- Promote your business from the outside in. Be proud to promote your business by putting a sign outside – outdoor signage works seven days a week, 24 hours a day, whether you are open or closed, so use it to its full advantage.
- Make your sign-writing match your corporate image and company colours, ie: brochures, web-design, business cards, staff uniforms etc. Remember less is more and keep all signage simple and easy to read.
- A good uniform impresses everyone. The better presented you and your staff appears the more professional your salon will appear. This will install confidence and security in your clients, encouraging them to use your services more regularly.
- Make the most of packaging. Packaging provides the perfect opportunity for a salon message to be passed on to potential clients, so why not use it to increase your sales? Print you salon logo on your bags, maybe your trading hours, gift suggestions, new products or treatments or any other message you can think of.
- Does your business have a memorable name? Having a good business name is a very important factor in standing out from the crowd. If you have a limited marketing budget you name becomes another marketing tool. Choose a name that tells people what you do.
Find how to name your business in my book 30 Days to Beauty Business SuccessHaving a strong corporate image is very important. Make sure that you are giving your customers the right message, and remember, be unique! This could turn out to be a strong competitive advantage of a salon.