Case Study: Improve your Retail
OVERVIEW:Urban salon in a busy large town, open over 5 years, employing owner and 3 beauty therapists. Busy with services, however, despite having retail stock in excess of £30,000, retail sales amounted to under £500 per week.
To significantly increase sales in beauty retail.
- Remerchandised reception area to communicate to clients that this is a retail outlet and salon.
- Improved shop displays, priced all stock, cleaned and tidied entire reception area.
- Trained all staff members in retail sales and salon customer service, educated clients about the importance of investing in the correct skincare products for home use.
- Set weekly retail and services targets for each beauty therapist, combined with new commission structure.
- Set up weekly staff meetings.
- Better cashflow, increase in turnover and profitability
- More motivated staff
- Improved relations with salon owner and suppliers
- Due to increase in sales, salon owner has secured product exclusivity in her area
- Over a six week period sales increased to £2,000 per week and six months later weekly retail sales have grown to a steady £4,000 per week